Note: We will update this site at least twice a day in the morning, in the evening and through out the day as needed during the project. If this site does not appear to have been updated (Monday thru Friday), try clearing your browser’s cache or clicking on reload current page icon. With most browsers you can also use CTRL R to refresh the page.
Project Updates: 09/17 11:20am – Parking Restrictions for Concrete Tire Stop Installation
- Pennsbury Blvd. North is now completed. Parking is now open. Please move your vehicle back into your normal parking spot.
- The six parking spots on Pennsview Court are also now completed and open for parking.
- Thank you for your cooperation!
- Concrete Tire Stop Installation
- The concrete tire stops that are located in all parking spaces on the section of Pennsbury Blbd. South (starting after the double carport until the stop sign at Pennsview Court) and on Pennsbury Blvd. North (starting at Pennsview Court to the stop sign at the end nearest Countryview Court) will be reinstalled this week.
- The contractor believed that the stop bars could be installed without moving your vehicles, but he was wrong. Due to where they are now located, he will need to use a tractor with a lift to pick them up. Because they are in the grass in front of the parking spaces, we must ask you to move your vehicle, one last time, from the parking slots in front of the buildings.
- We will allow parking, within reason on the opposite side of these streets to parallel parking. Please don’t park in front of the fire hydrants or on the sharp curb that is already posted “No Parking”.
- The Pennsbury Blvd South section shown in YELLOW on the map, will be done on Wednesday, September 16 starting at 7:00am.
- The Pennsbury Blvd. North section, shown in BLUE on the map, will be done on Thursday, September 17th starting at 7:00am.
- Once you see that the stop bars have been placed on the new road surface, you may move your vehicle back to its normal parking space.
- Please have your car moved back to its normal parking space by 5:00pm at the latest.
- Our year 2020 road project has now been completed.
- We would like to thank everyone for their cooperation during this time. It made all our jobs a bit easier. Because we have three more years of summer road construction to look forward to; we are asking for any suggestions you may have that could make life a bit easier for everyone during the future road construction. Please send your comments to us using: Contact Us
- Drivers on Pennsbury Blvd North and South are reminded that the concrete wheel stops are not in place at this time and to exercise caution when pulling into your parking space.
- Drivers who are parking on the newly paved streets are asked to not turn their steering wheel unless the car is in motion (do not turn your steering wheel to one side and then back out of your parking space – turn the wheel as you back up). Turning your steering wheel while stopped will rut the pavement because even though it has cooled, it is still somewhat soft. When it rains, this will show itself as big puddles where your two front tires usually sit on the pavement when parked. Once the weather cools down a bit this will not be a problem.
Road area in Blue is scheduled for Wednesday, September 16th at 7:00am
Road area in Yellow is scheduled for Thursday, September 17th at 7:00am
The Project Overview:
The Borough has embarked on a new four year project of road maintenance in Pennsbury Village. Over a four year period, we will be milling, doing base repairs, paving all the roads, courts and parking areas and line painting in the Borough. The total project cost is estimated to be approximately $1.5 million dollars!
Because sections of roads will need to be closed for the work; parking is going to be a bit of a challenge. While we will relax some parking restrictions we urge you to use common sense if you need to select a non-standard parking spot